Explore Johnny Winter's signature styles and techniques
G-Men Productions is proud to announce the release of the Johnny Winter app. Johnny Winter has recorded countless classic rock and blues albums and has been named the one of the TOP 100 guitarists of all time by Rolling Stone Magazine in 2012. He continues to perform an amazing 120+ concerts per year to SOLD OUT audiences worldwide. His work has been honored by numerous Grammy awards and Grammy award nominations.
Recently performing live on the Late Night With David Letterman Show in support of his latest highly acclaimed album "ROOTS", Winter has performed with Jimi Hendrix, the Allman Brothers, Muddy Waters and many more. He played at WOODSTOCK and has been a featured guest at Eric Clapton's Crossroads Festivals. And NOW...
Johnny gives guitarists an insider's guide to his raging guitar style. With this app you will learn blues licks, riffs, turnarounds and solos from the master himself. Plus slide techniques, alternate tunings and much more. We make learning the licks easy by using animated sheet music, looping, the ability to slow the music down without changing its pitch and other features. Learn the licks through animated sheet music that features high-quality audio and text commentary for each one.
A free sampler version of this app is available on the App Store:
All of the audio licks are recorded by Johnny Winter himself, with Paul Nelson on rhythm guitar and Dave Rubin on bass.
This app has truly has it all!
Get an up-close look at Johnny Winter's life and music through an illustrated book and audio clips of Johnny sharing his thoughts and experiences.
Includes a visual Discography displaying many of Johnny's albums with information about each one.
Also includes instructional videos showing Johnny demonstrating his signature styles and techniques. These guitar parts are then broken down and taught note-by-note by master blues teacher Al Ek.
Included videos cover Johnny's Equipment, Elmore James' style and a Texas Shuffle. (Over 57 minutes.)
You can also stream selected YouTube videos from within the app that feature Johnny or members of his band. Note: Charges for the purchase of this app are levied by G-Men Productions and not by YouTube. YouTube does not charge users for accessing videos on YouTube.
Other instructional videos available for purchase and download (iOS 6 and above only):
Assorted Slow Blues – B.B. King-style – Chuck Berry-style
Gatemouth Boogie – Dylan's Highway 61 Revisited-style
Jimmy Reed-style – Muddy Waters-style – National Slow Blues
Rockin' the Blues – T-Bone Walker-style – A Winter Slide Tune
- 37 riffs or solos of varying lengths
(A packet of 17 additional animated licks can be purchased.)
- Audio with text commentary for each riff/solo
- Notes and tab, with animation, shows you what to play for each riff/solo
- Slow down each riff or solo to ? or ? speed to help you learn it
- Loop over any portion of a piece or the entire piece
- An illustrated mini-book about the life and music of Johnny Winter featuring audio clips of Johnny
- A visual discography showing many of Johnny's recordings during his stellar career
- Videos of Johnny's playing and companion videos of Al Ek teaching you how to play it note-by-note
(The music covered in the videos is different from the animated sheet music.)
- The ability to purchase additional note-by-note videos (for iOS 6 and above) and riffs
- A built-in tuner with clickable strings to help you tune your guitar